5 Creative Master Bath Ideas that will Improve Your BathroomFeb 23, 2016
Your powder room or bathroom should be designed in a way that makes you feel comfortable. The master bath should exude comfort and luxury from floor to ceiling. It is, after all, designed to be your private escape from the outside world. Here are five creative ideas to improve your master bathroom.
- Your Own Private Retreat: Many builders recommend building a master bath that reminds you of your favorite spa. This is a great idea, but we would also like to help you create a space that is uniquely yours. Think of the most incredible spot you’ve ever vacationed or spent a weekend away from home. Use that idea to build your custom bathroom. It may be a place where you can allow yourself to get lost in nature or, if you wish, your favorite spa.
- Add Marble: Marble in soft shades of white and beige are amazing for creating a new, European villa-like look. Ceramic tile can be used on the floors and the wall to give a natural marble appearance. Ceramic is a versatile alternative that can be made to resemble the variations and veins of a real stone or marble if marble is out of your price range.
- Go for a Warm and Sophisticated Look: You can create a sophisticated look by adding wood accents to your master bathroom. Wood accents such as crown molding, base trim, and real wood cabinetry create a warm and inviting atmosphere. Wood adds a feeling of warmth and a connection to nature that you don’t get with many other products.
- Add French Doors or Glass Walls: You can also give your master bath a feeling of true openness with new French doors or glass shower walls. Rather than adding a basic doorway between the master bedroom and bath, you can add French doors and glass walls to add the illusion of space in the bathroom. Glass doors also allow you to make the most of natural lighting from room to room in your master suite. You can, for example, leave the bedroom or sitting room curtains open and allow the natural light to filter through to the bathroom.
- Go for Calming Colors: Last but not the least, when it comes to master bath ideas, it is important to add soft colors as they provide a good, relaxing atmosphere. Choose muted tones for base colors and accent them using complementary darker tones. Add even more depth and intrigue by using lighter colors as well.
Bathroom Remodeling in Earleville
The bathroom is the second-most remodeled room in the home, following closely behind the kitchen. The reason the kitchen and bath are the two most-remodeled rooms is because they’re the most-used rooms. Today’s homeowners want to make sure their most-used rooms are updated and modern. Give us a call at 410-877-6112 in our Maryland office or 302-793-9352 in our Delaware office if you’d like to discuss turning your existing bathroom into a room you can truly love and appreciate.