We are not all gifted with the ability to come up with creative decorating ideas, but that should not prevent anyone from getting the interior look they want. The Internet is full of ideas, but of course, not all of them will suit your needs. Here are some great room ideas that you can use to give your home a design boost in 2016.
- A Pillow Room: This is a great way to use a small space like an attic or an unused nook elsewhere in the house. There is no floor, and no need for extensive decorating. All you really need is a large number of pillows, or you can use a futon style mattress and several pillows of various sizes, shapes, and colors. For the color scheme, choose soothing, relaxing colors.
- A Reading Nook: Want a good place for your growing book collection? Try the space under the stairs. You can incorporate shelving into this space, either at the side, directly underneath or both. This spot is ideal because you don’t need a lot of room to stretch out and read. Plus, you can keep the decorating to a minimum.
- Pet Space: Wouldn’t it be nice if you could build a little room for your dog indoors? This is another possible use of the space under the stairs. Your pet will be happy to have a space to retreat to when everyone else has gone to bed.
- A Sunroof: More natural light is the way to go in 2016. It will not only lower your electricity bill, it can also boost your mood. If you install it in your bedroom you can enjoy seeing the stars at night.
- Creative Storage: Increasing your storage options defeats clutter, and gives you some interesting design options as well. Consider adding a platform to a room and adding drawers at the base. This way you can keep many things out of sight until you need them. The raised level will create an interesting look.
- Vacuum Baseboards: These offer a nifty way to reduce the time spent on one household chore. They are easy to install and use, and with a central system, you can set it up in more than one room. This way, you just need to sweep the dirt towards the opening in the baseboard and the vacuum sucks it up.
- Trundle Beds: Extra sleeping space can be a problem for smaller homes, but trundle beds can solve this problem. The fact that you can hide them away gives you plenty of flexibility. Any spot where you have a window seat is a possible location, but you can use any other available space.
Your ability to utilize some these ideas will depend on your budget, but they are cheaper than full-scale remodeling projects. You can even add a few to your plans if you are planning to do any other types of remodeling this year. Give us a call at our Maryland office at 410-877-6112, our Delaware office at 302-793-9352, or our cell 443-309-1206 to discuss your 2016 remodeling projects in detail or to schedule a consultation.