Remodeling a bathroom can be challenging, but it also has the potential to be one of the more rewarding home improvement projects. It delivers in terms of increasing the value of your home, and it makes the bathroom a relaxing space you can retreat to at the end of the day. Here are a few tips that can help you to get past that initial uncertainty to get the bathroom with the look you want.
- Work out a budget. No remodeling project can start without a budget outlining the changes, the materials, labor costs and the fixtures. This is the starting point for getting the look you want, and it helps in sourcing funding for the remodel.
- Set a time frame. You may have your own ideas about how quickly you want the project finished, but it depends on the extent of the work. A contractor can set a realistic deadline after looking at all the details. If you plan to do some of the work yourself, this can lengthen the project.
- Make a list of changes. Take a good look at your bathroom and decide which areas need the most attention. This helps with planning, and improves the process of locating fixtures and materials. If you are planning a full remodel, this will not be necessary.
- Search for ideas. If you are not sure what kind of bathroom you want, there are plenty of sources of inspiration. A contractor can provide ideas, but a good start is looking for bathroom pictures online. Bath product catalogs can also provide a few ideas.
- Find a bathroom contractor. To get the bathroom of your dreams, choose a contractor who specializes in these projects. A general contractor might not be able to do all of the work required.
- Select fixtures and tiles. Choosing your tiles and fixtures from websites or printed materials is not always the best idea. If possible, you should visit a local home improvement store to look at these products yourself. Then you can order them online if that is the cheaper option. Since bathroom floors often get wet, choose tiles that have good traction.
Do not get overwhelmed even if it seems like a massive task to start with. Bathroom remodeling can be inconvenient for a household, but the end result will make this seem like a distant memory. Here at Sundance Homes, we strive to make the remodeling process as smooth as possible. We provide all types of remodeling services in Earleville and the surrounding area. Call us at our Maryland office at 410-877-6112 or our Delaware office at 302-793-9352 to discuss remodeling your bathroom with us.