Some aspects of an older home add character, and there may be a few things you would prefer to keep. However, even a vintage bathroom can take an update here and there while maintaining the vintage charm. You might want to retain some of the vintage aspects even if you buy new fixtures. These tips will help you to fix up your bathroom and maintain that vintage look you love so much.
- Paint your tiles. This is not one of the first things you would think of doing, but it can produce an interesting style. This is really an interim measure, but it can buy you some time until you can buy new tiles. The important factor here is the use of an appropriate primer.
- Buy vintage tiles. It is easy to find vintage style bathroom tiles to maintain the look of older bathrooms. Many of these products have patterns or colors that invoke that classic ambiance. If you don’t have these types you can install tiles in vintage patterns to get the look you want. Mixing and matching can also achieve the desired effect.
- Look for vintage bathroom fixtures. Nobody who has a vintage bathroom ever has to worry about finding fixtures that suit their tastes. Buying second-hand fixtures is one option, as long as they are still in good condition. Homeowners who need these products can also turn to manufacturers of vintage bathroom products. You will be able to find faucets, sinks, tubs and toilets in a variety of designs. Some modern types of fixtures will also work with this vintage setting.
- Try wallpaper. Instead of painting the walls, using wallpaper might be a better design choice. You can easily find wallpaper with vintage patterns to get the exact look you want for the bathroom.
- Hang artwork. This is a good way to maintain that antique look in the bathroom. Choose artwork carefully to prevent it clashing with the rest of the color scheme. Artwork should be simple, with hints of colors inside the bathroom to connect it to the surroundings.
Having an older bathroom does not mean that it is out of style. The vintage look is actually desired by many homeowners, so you should know how to maintain it if this is your preference. You can give it a refreshed look without doing a complete renovation.
Bathroom remodeling doesn’t always have to be a full demolish and rebuild process. You can change the overall appearance of the bathroom without tearing everything out if you’re looking for aesthetic changes over structural. Give us a call at 410-877-6112 or 302-793-9352 if you’re in the greater Earleville area and looking for bathroom remodeling experts.