An entry door can make a big statement for any house and this is one of the reasons why many homeowners are choosing to replace their front entry doors. Entry doors can add so much to a house and choosing one can be difficult because there are many different styles available now.
Here are 5 benefits that homeowners experience once they replace their front entry door:
- Durability: Front entry doors are designed to be durable and last for many years. Both steel and fiberglass doors will not warp over time and they are easy to maintain over time. They will need to be painted on occasion to prevent the elements from damaging the door. Wood doors will last a long time if a quality wood has been used. However, a wood door will need to be painted more often because the wood is more susceptible to damage from the weather.
- Higher Efficiency: Newer entry doors have more insulation which means the heat will stay in the house during the winter and out of the house during the summer. Many of the newer doors have weather stripping at the bottom to keep extreme weather out. This will also lower the homeowner’s utility bills.
- Security: The new front entry doors are stronger than older doors and that makes them more secure. It is no longer easy for people to damage a door in order to gain access to the house. When homeowners use these doors with dead bolt locks, they are increasing the security within their home.
- Noise Reduction: New entry doors are more soundproof than older doors, which can be helpful for homeowners that live on busy streets.
- Added Style: The look of the front entry door can add style and character to any home. The homeowner can match the door to the architecture of the home and then use paint that coordinates with the siding, trim, and shutters. For additional curb appeal, you can add ambiance lighting around the front entry door for nighttime. Also, consider transom windows and sidelights around the new entry door to create a truly grand entryway.
Homeowners can experience many benefits after they have replaced their front entry door. While all of the benefits are good, the one that will be recognized the most is how nice the door looks from the street. The perfect front entry door will be noticed by the entire neighborhood and the homeowner should be prepared to hear many compliments from the neighbors.
Give us a call at 410-877-6112 or 302-739-9352 anytime to start planning your curb appeal related home improvements. We’ll schedule an appointment and get your ideas down so we can add our own ideas and see what we can come up with.