When you built your deck, you wanted a place where you could go to relax at the end of the day and while it has worked out well, you may be missing a few features that would make your deck even more amazing.
Here are 7 amazing features that will improve your deck:
- Built-in storage: Built-in storage will allow you to store many items on your deck and retrieve them quickly and easily. Most of the time, storage is built right into seating areas, so you would no longer need to worry about purchasing furniture and moving it around.
- Pergola: Adding a pergola will make those hot and sunny days a little more bearable on your deck. We recommend building one with a partially covered roof, so that light can still shine through. It will still give you enough shade though, so that you can stay cool as you are relaxing.
- Outdoor Kitchen: An outdoor kitchen will allow you to prepare and cook meals without having to go back into the house. This kitchen space can include a grill or you can go all out and incorporate a grill, stovetop, refrigerator, countertop, sink, and even a dishwasher.
- Music: If you love listening to music, then we recommend that you add surround sound to your deck. You can listen to your favorite tunes whenever you want without having to continuously bring out speakers or be plugged into a headset.
- Hot Tub: A hot tub is a great addition to any deck and it adds a touch of luxury. We recommend making the area around the hot tub a little more private by adding tall plants or building a pergola with flowing curtained sides. Don’t install a hot tub on your deck without discussing it with us or another contractor. Your deck wasn’t likely designed to hold the weight of a hot tub, so it could collapse and cause injury or worse.
- Lights: Lights are important on a deck and while bright lights can be used for cooking, solar lights can be used when the sun goes down. We recommend using solar post-top lights and solar lanterns.
- Plants: Plants can add much needed color to your deck and we recommend placing a few pots around that will attract the butterflies and hummingbirds.
These features will really improve your deck and we can guarantee that you will enjoy your deck more once you have implemented some of them. We can help you determine which features will work best for you and your existing deck.
Take a look at our decks gallery to get a good idea of the quality of our work. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with the latest projects and to see some of the great ideas we share with our friends, family, and readers. And give us a call at 410-877-6112 or 302-793-9352 to make an appointment with us.