There are many ways that a homeowner can improve their home’s curb appeal. Some of them are quite simple and others may take a couple of hours or a weekend of diligence. However, the end results will make the house look fabulous and inviting.
Here are 9 great ideas that every homeowner can use to improve their curb appeal:
- Replacing the siding on a house is a great way to improve not only the curb appeal, but also the value of the home. There are many different materials available for siding and they all are very easy to maintain in the future.
- A roof will not last forever and once the shingles start to curl, fade or go missing, it is time to replace it. There are many options that a homeowner can choose for a new roof and it is easy to make the roof stand out from the rest of the houses on the street.
- Gutters and downspouts can become rusty over time and they make not drain the water as well as they should. There are many new gutter systems available that are very low maintenance and never require painting.
- Changing a front entry door is a great way to make a statement with your house. A new front entry door should match the architecture of the house and the color should coordinate with the existing colors on the house.
- Older windows are not as efficient as newer ones and replacing the windows can add value to a house. Homeowners can change the size and style of the windows when they are replacing them and this means that the homeowner can now have a window become the focal point of the front of the house.
- Replacing the hardware, lighting, house numbers and mailbox are easy ways to improve curb appeal.
- Installing outdoor lighting is a nice way to add ambiance to the evening and nighttime hours.
- Installing window boxes and planting a flower garden are easy ways to add color to a yard.
- Upgrading the railings around the house is a perfect way to improve curb appeal. There are many new options available for railings and when the perfect one is chosen, the railing can enhance the other features of the house.
There are so many options that homeowners have when it comes to improving the curb appeal of their home. You should be able to complete most of these projects in just a few days, and then you can relax and enjoy your beautiful home. Give us a call at 410-877-6112 or 302-739-9352 and we’ll schedule an appointment to discuss your home improvement ideas whether you’re interested in remodeling, building onto your home, or giving your home a total makeover to improve curb appeal.