We all spend hours doing laundry each week, but there is no reason why any of us should have to do our laundry in a damp, dark, and dreary laundry room. We can help you turn your laundry room into a dream space that will not only work better for you, but also make you want to spend more time in this space.
Here are 7 tips for turning your laundry room into your dream room:
- A laundry room is much more than a washer and a dryer. If you have a front load washing machine, we recommend that you install both your washer and dryer inside a custom-made cabinet with a countertop. The countertop will be the perfect place for folding laundry as you take it out of the dryer.
- If you have a top loading washer, then we recommend installing a cabinet with a countertop near your washer and dryer. You can store your laundry detergent and other items in the cabinet and use the top for folding clothes.
- Lighting is necessary in laundry rooms, so that you can see stains on the clothes before they hit the machine. It also keeps the room bright and cheery. We recommend installing recessed lighting as well as under cabinet lighting to make the entire room glow.
- Concrete floors are a thing of the past in laundry rooms. You can have tile, vinyl, or other material installed quickly and easily. These floors are easier to clean when they get dirty and they feel better under your feet.
- If you have ever been doing laundry and found your hands covered in something yucky, you know how important it is to have a sink in a laundry room. The sink does not have to be large, however larger sinks are beneficial when buckets needs to be filled or large items need to be rinsed off.
- Keep your sink and laundry room stylish by installing a pull-out faucet. This faucet will allow you to spray the water anywhere that you need it. It is even better if the faucet has multiple spray options.
- Drying racks are a necessity in any laundry room and we can install racks that are attached to your wall and pull out when you need them. This will keep them out of your way when they are not in use.
You’re going to be stuck doing laundry, whether you like it or not, so you might as well do it in a space that is bright and beautiful. We will help you turn your old laundry room into a space that you will not mind hiding out in at any time.
Your Basement, Your Rules
Your newly finished basement should be an oasis where you can enjoy some alone time while waiting on the laundry to finish. As long as you take your time in the planning process, you should be able to design and build the basement of your dreams. Here are some of the basements we’ve remodeled for Earleville area homeowners. Take a look at our basement finishing page and give us a call at 410-877-6112 or 302-793-9352 to talk details.