Choose the Countertop that Best Fits Your NeedsFeb 21, 2017
Everyone uses their kitchen differently. Some people use it as a place to eat take-out food while others spend hours cooking delicious meals for their family. Depending on how you use your kitchen will determine what type of countertops you will want to install.
Here are 7 countertops that you can choose from:
- Granite: Granite countertops are the number one choice for many homeowners, because they are durable yet look expensive. No two slabs of granite are the same and this adds to the appeal of this material. If you choose this type of countertop, you will want to make sure that you wipe up spills quickly so they do not stain the material.
- Quartz: Quartz countertops are stain, heat, and scratch resistant, which is a plus for many people. These countertops are available in numerous colors and patterns, so they are the perfect choice to match any décor.
- Wood: Wood countertops will give your kitchen a nice country feel. They need to be sealed on occasion to keep them in good condition, but they are one of the most sanitary counters that a person can use. Wooden countertops are also very durable, so you will not need to worry about placing a hot pan on top without a hot pad underneath.
- Marble: Marble countertops are perfect for bakers or to make a kitchen look expensive. Marble can become stained from spills easily and you will need to seal it regularly to keep it looking its best.
- Steel: If you want an industrial look in your kitchen, we recommend choosing stainless steel countertops. The material will match any color in your kitchen and it is simple to keep clean. Stainless steel can become dented if something heavy is dropped on it, so you will want to be careful if you are the type of person who drops many things.
- Custom Concrete: You can create a focal point in your kitchen with a concrete countertop. These countertops can be customized and you can even create a mosaic look on top with broken glass, shells, or tiles.
- Travertine: Travertine countertops can be high maintenance, but they lend an Old-World style to any kitchen. As long as you are careful and fill and seal the surface regularly, you will not have any problems when something is spilled on this countertop.
Also consider using multiple materials for your new countertops. If you bake regularly, you may want to consider installing a marble countertop in one area and then another material throughout the rest of the kitchen. The choice is yours, because you are the only one who knows how you will be using the countertops in your kitchen.
Your Kitchen Deserves the Best
Your newly remodeled kitchen will give your home a fresh new atmosphere. As long as you take your time in the planning process, your new kitchen will be an amazingly popular space. Here are some of the kitchens we’ve remodeled for Earleville area homeowners. Take a look at our kitchen remodeling page and give us a call at 410-877-6112 or 302-793-9352 to talk details.