In St. Leonard and other parts of the east coast, power disruptions sometimes occur due to storm activity. Even though many people have come to expect this, they are sometimes caught off guard when there is an outage. This can pose all kinds of problems, and make life difficult for the average person. Millions of Americans have to go through periods without electricity, but you don’t have to be one of them. This information of whole home generators can help to get rid of your electricity issues.
What Does it do?
More people are probably familiar with portable standby generators because they are so widely used and more readily available. One big difference with this type is that it is very large, so it usually has to remain in one location. You can connect it directly to the home’s power supply, so it kicks in just a few seconds after the electricity goes. As the name suggests, it is capable of powering an entire house, as long as you choose the right one based on your energy needs. It is much easier to use, and it is more convenient than smaller portable units.
Why You Should Get One
For many people, being without power is more than an inconvenience. It can affect their daily lives in various ways, and it can affect the health of some members of the household. Here are some good reasons why you should think about getting a whole house unit.
- It prevents waste. Having to throw out food that spoils due to lack of electricity is a cost most homeowners can’t afford. Even without power from the grid, you will be able to keep your food fresh and not face additional expenses.
- Frequent outages. If your area is prone to storms, you have probably experienced a few outages over the years. It pays to be prepared by getting a large generator to ensure that you will always have backup power.
- The health of the family. Small children and the elderly can find it especially difficult to deal with poor weather conditions and no power. They are more susceptible to the cold, and even run the risk of developing hypothermia. Some medications require refrigeration, so you should always be ready to maintain this if the power goes.
- Easy to use. Since this type of generator is directly connected to the building, you not only have more power for your appliances, you don’t need to run extension cords. It is just like using your normal power supply from the grid.
- Power outages sometimes attract burglars who try to take advantage of the darkness. With this type of generator you can leave your lights on at night to deter criminals.
If you buy a whole home generator, you will not need to be concerned if outages are expected due to bad weather. You can’t put a price tag on the knowledge that your family will be able to carry on as normal even with an unpredictable grid supply.
We have helped many homeowners in the Earleville area with whole-house generators that protect them during the entire storm season. We never know when that next big super storm will come through and knock out the power in the area for several days. Call us at 410-877-6112 or 302-793-9352 to discuss installing a whole home generator in your home this year.