Remodel the Interior of Your Home with These 2017 Remodeling Trends in MindSep 26, 2017
Every homeowner wants their home to be comfortable, but also to have pleasing aesthetic touches. The trouble is at some point you might realize that the look needs to be refreshed. Sometimes, a simple change will do, but interior remodeling often calls for some creative rethinking of the space. These trends will give you plenty of inspiration for getting this done.
- Embrace the look of wood. More homeowners are trying to use nature’s colors to revitalize their home’s interiors. Wood is a big part of this growing trend and the beauty is that you have a variety of tones and wood grains to choose from. It adds a natural, ‘green’ feel to the home, giving it the kind of warmth you need. Wood does not have to be relegated to just the floors. You can add wood cabinets, use wood in the ceiling and on the walls.
- Try an open kitchen plan. These days, there are more demands being placed on the kitchen. More people are eating at home instead of eating out, and entertaining guests is becoming more common. This is much easier with an open kitchen. It creates a setting where the host can interact with guests even while preparing meals. This is a good way to let more natural light into the kitchen.
- Try a different finish. The finish carries much of the aesthetic load inside a home. Shiny, polished surfaces have been popular for a long time, but the downside is that they show fingerprints and smudges easily. Opt for a matte finish to avoid this problem. It may not be shiny, but it will keep clean with little maintenance.
- Get creative with lighting. In the past lighting was mostly considered functioned. Now there is a much emphasis on designing lighting fixtures to complement various architectural styles and interior designs. The right lighting fixtures add beauty, and can give a room an airy feel. A lighting update is a quick and cheap way to refresh the look of your home’s interior.
- Smart home features. Take advantage of technological offerings to boost comfort and make your daily life easier. Incorporate charging docks in a few areas of the home, add a smart thermostat for energy conservation and install features that you can control with your smartphone.
Giving your hoe a quick update does not have to be expensive. You may want to try one or even all of these trends, but be guided by your budget and the existing style of your home. Call us at our Maryland office at 410-877-6112 or our Delaware office at 302-793-9352 when you’re ready to start remodeling your home. We can help you implement some of the latest trends while turning your home into something that fits your family’s unique needs.